Magnetism 2016 is a conference primarily for the UK and RoI magnetism community. This follows the recent highly successful conferences in 2014 and 2015.
A mixture of invited talks and submitted contributions will allow the breadth of magnetism research in the UK and RoI to be presented. Participation from outside UK/RoI and from industry is also encouraged.
The conference encourages participation from across the breadth of magnetism, and has included oral sessions on a range of subjects including spintronics, domain walls, dynamics, vortices, skyrmions and topological systems, spin ice, biological and organic magnetism, superconductors, magnetocalorics and ab initio theory.
We are encouraging abstracts submitted in the areas of Thin films and nanostructures, Correlated electrons, Biological and organic materials, Computational magnetism and General magnetism.
- Prof Chia-Ling Chien, Johns Hopkins University
- Dr Joerg Wunderlich, Hitachi Cambridge and Prague (Wohlfarth Lecturer)
- Professor Josep Fontcuberta, Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona (IEEE Distinguished Lecturer 2016)
- Professor Greg Carman, University of California at Los Angeles (IEEE Distinguished Lecturer 2016)
- Professor Gerrit van der Laan, Diamond Light Source
- Dr Oscar Cespedes, University of Leeds
- Dr Martin Lees, University of Warwick
- Professor Riccardo Hertel, University of Strasbourg
Organised by the IOP Magnetism Group